Open Vision of West Virginia, The Heart of the Nation
Dr Gary Kisner - 1948-2008 Fairmont, West Virginia
Fifteen
years ago, I got up one morning. I was pastoring a church here in West Virginia
at that time. I went to the bathroom to shave, and I put shaving cream on my
face, picked up the razor, and my mirror went away, and the bathroom went away.
I don’t know how to explain that to you because I am not a person that has been
given to vision in the past or even now. The Lord will give me a mind’s eye
picture or flash of a thing, but my bathroom went away, and I saw a map of the
United States, and all the states were outlined so I could tell the individual
boundaries of each state. It was up close to me in the for ground of my vision.
It began to move away from me, and when it did, the state of West Virginia came
off the map and began to move toward me as the map of the United States moved
away. Well as that progressed, of course, finally all I could see was West Virginia.
I couldn’t see the United States. When it got to that point, the state began to
change. It began to pulsate, and it was almost like a sign. The Holy Spirit was
speaking to my mind several things. The first one was ...
“West Virginia
is a heart, and I have a heart for West Virginia.” And He said. “I’m going to
use this state to touch the nation.” It continued to pulsate. And then all of a
sudden in the central part of the state, a red dot appeared, it began to grow
and filled the entire state of West Virginia until it filled it up to the top.
And then the northern and eastern panhandle turned into arteries and opened up at the ends, and the heart began to pump,
and every time there was a beat, it pumped this red out of the two panhandles. The
northern and the eastern panhandles. As it began to do that, it began to move
away from me. I could see the map of the United States coming back, and …. I
wish I could do this one time without getting emotional about it. It has been
15 years. But the map came back, and West Virginia took its place again in the
map of the United States. The panhandles were starting to pump this red. And it
pumped it into the country. And the Holy Spirit said. “I want to touch the
United States through the state of West Virginia.”
Since that
time, the Lord has told me a lot of things about it. He chose us for the same reason
he chose Israel. When it happens, we are not going to be able to take credit
for it because we are the least. He uses the… you know the base things of the
world to confound the wise. He is about to do that. Well, I was just thrilled
about it. I went out to tell everybody I could fine. I even went to the
Christian radio station, and the host and I sat down, and I told him- and I
always say this when I tell this – I made one mistake. It didn’t happen. And it
didn’t happen. And it didn’t happen, and I forgot to ask the Lord when He might
like to do that.
And so, a
lot of things took place, and the Lord took us a lot of different places on our
ministry journey. We ended up in Atlanta, Georgia, from 1992 to 1998. The Lord
spoke to me and my wife separately and said, “resign your pastorate here in
Atlanta, and go home.” I didn’t want to go home because I knew there was no
ministry for me here. And the Lord kept saying, “Go Home.” (WV) And I said, Lord
but there is nothing: there is no reason. There is no reason for me to go back
there. What’s more, I don’t want to go. And the Lord brought that vision back
again like a flash to my brain, and then I heard the Holy Spirit say. “This is
the appointed time.”
So, we moved
back here in 1998, and the Lord has just been pulling it all together. I mean
He is raising up leadership around the state. And He is unifying the pastors
and the churches who are networking the cities together now. And the foundation
is being laid for a tremendous move of God. But I want to share something else.
When we were praying back here a while ago, the Lord gave me a word like a
flash, a mind’s eye picture to give to you folks tonight before we leave. It is
just another way of saying what I’ve already said. At one point when we were
praying, the Lord showed me this and these are the words that I heard. He said,
“As a man lifts his arm from his side to extend his hand to hold forth a light
in the darkness, so I have made this panhandle to be,” the Lord said. A lot of
people think that men in government sets boundaries. And when he set the
boundaries, when the Scripture is pretty clear about the fact that the Lord is
the One who sets boundaries. And when He set out the boundaries of this most
strangely shaped state, he had these lines in His heart that West Virginia was
a heart and that this panhandle, just like a man lifting his arm with extended
hand, the Lord said to me. “This is the time: this is the appointed time. I’m
going to put a light in that hand, and it will dispel the darkness on the east
coast and reach the portals of the national government” I don’t know more of
the definition of it, but this is a very special place here in the panhandle,
and I believe God has got tremendous things ahead.
Comments
Post a Comment